MASIGNCLEAN101

Pixel 2 Xl Not Charging With Original Charger

Pixel 2 Xl Not Charging With Original Charger

You lot are using an out of appointment browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
Y'all should upgrade or apply an alternative browser.
Hi, I've been having this problem with my pixel 2 xl that won't recognize any usb-c to usb-c cables. It will only recognize a usb-c to usb-a cable but will go on restarting the moment I plug information technology in. I've tried many things like restarting, trying to charge while information technology is turned off, booting into safe mode, and fifty-fifty updating to the Android Q beta (hoped they would've fixed it then), but goose egg seems to work. I'k confident that it'due south a software issue since there would be random glitches where the original charger would really work, but every other time it doesn't.
As well, I'chiliad really considering switching to a custom software. I'm thinking since the software is the outcome, possibly it might help to prepare it. Has anyone ever experienced this outcome too?
Make clean the usb port on the telephone
Clean the usb port on the phone

That's the very first thing I did
Make clean the usb port on the phone

That's the very first matter I did. It's not an issue with the port since it works perfectly with a Usb-c to usb-a cable. Just it doesn't fast charge and it constantly reboots with it.
I'1000 having the verbal same prob. I've cleaned my port, tried it in safe way, and did several resets (soft and hard). I spoke with Google and they offered an substitution since it's under warranty only my drinking glass is cracked so that voids information technology out until I get it stock-still. They said it would restart later on? I'g stuck trying to figure out if I desire to fix it and exercise a swap, try different firmware or just get a dissimilar phone all together??
I'yard having the aforementioned issue. Started this week.
Hi, I've been having this problem with my pixel 2 40 that won't recognize any usb-c to usb-c cables. It will only recognize a usb-c to usb-a cable but volition keep restarting the moment I plug information technology in. I've tried many things like restarting, trying to charge while it is turned off, booting into safe manner, and fifty-fifty updating to the Android Q beta (hoped they would've stock-still it then), but nothing seems to piece of work. I'm confident that information technology'due south a software issue since there would be random glitches where the original charger would really work, simply every other time it doesn't.
Your testing methodology is flawed. The restart loop occurs at the P2XL splash screen, which means control of the device is nevertheless in the easily of the bootloader. Since the bootloader is outside of Android, Android cannot be the culprit. As a consequence, neither safe mode nor Android Q would resolve the problem.

Have y'all attempted moving your data off the device's internal storage and reinstalling a stock ROM using the included flash-all bat with the -w flag present? While nosotros take determined that Android itself isn't the culprit, Google'due south ROM images also install bootloaders and basebands, either of which could be the source of your issue.

Once a stock ROM from Google is installed, test your device. If the restart loop occurs, and so your result is NOT software, but hardware. So and then you'll take to examination the hardware. Observe a charger from a different device and, using a USB-A to USB-C cable endeavour to charge the phone. If the restart loop does not occur with this combination, and then you lot know the P2XL charger is faulty. Otherwise, the charging circuit in the P2XL has malfunctioned and thus service will be required.

Are yous all on Android q beta or is this happening to stock non rooted likewise? I'g on q
FYI, I had this same problem a few months agone and it turned out this is a relatively common hardware issue on Pixel 2 Forty.
Information technology unremarkably starts by occasional failures to charge (original charger), then it becomes more frequent, so you lot tin't charge and observe that the only pick is an usb-c/usb-A cablevision (less power involved). Finally every fourth dimension you plug a cable information technology restarts the phone.
Did all possible known troubleshooting, cleaned the port, engaged Google remote support, ...
At the end, the conclusion is that sometimes the port gets loose and related wiring becomes unstable.
To fix it, I had to send the phone for a port replacement.
Working fine since then.
Hi, I've been having this problem with my pixel 2 forty that won't recognize any usb-c to usb-c cables. It will simply recognize a usb-c to usb-a cable but will keep restarting the moment I plug it in. I've tried many things like restarting, trying to charge while information technology is turned off, booting into safe mode, and even updating to the Android Q beta (hoped they would've stock-still it and then), but zero seems to piece of work. I'm confident that it's a software issue since there would be random glitches where the original charger would really piece of work, just every other time it doesn't.

I had a similar issue after the July update. If I plugged the original charger and cablevision in the phone turned off. The only manner I could accuse information technology was to use a USB-A to USB-C cablevision with a slow charger (not QC) and the telephone had to exist off. Did RMA with Google later doing safe boot, reset and other things. They noted the security update equally reason and then maybe that'south the problem?
I have the trouble since pie and even though Google accepted to RMA the device at kickoff they then declined to do it because I didn't take the the buy id of the device.
I'm doing the rma while I tin. The more I read most it, the more I recollect it's due to the faulty fast charging. It might be dissentious the charging port and causing these problems. What I notice strange is that some other users also started having these issues a week agone like I did.
I'm doing the rma while I can. The more than I read about information technology, the more I recall it's due to the faulty fast charging. Information technology might be damaging the charging port and causing these problems. What I discover strange is that another users also started having these issues a week ago like I did.

Port overheating may be causing it to become loose. That's my impression due to what happened to me.
I just did RMA considering of this... The new (refurbished) device is working now....

I edited the postal service considering when I beginning tested my charger wasn't plugged in and I though that the new device had the same issue... ....:silly:

In any case do RMA..... Earlier this happened my pixel only charged with i side of the cablevision connector (any cablevision) then it magically got fixed and afterwards two weeks it didn't charge with originals chargers (only when it was turned off)... Definitely was something hardware related...

Similar threads

Pixel 2 Xl Not Charging With Original Charger

Posted by: accnewstodayd.blogspot.com

Share This :